Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/8f3cmx/beta_blockers) has announced the addition of the “Beta Blockers (Migraine) – Forecast and Market Analysis to 2023″ report to their offering.
By 2023, the migraine market will grow to $3.7 billion at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 3.6%, with the US continuing to dominate the market as a result of higher drug prices and a large migraine population.
Some of the new treatments are expected to target the key unmet needs but opportunities will remain for further treatment choices especially drugs that will offer an improved safety and side-effects profile.
Among the various prophylaxis therapy classes for migraine, beta blockers are highly effective and are the most widely used class of drugs for the prophylaxis of migraine. Beta blockers were primarily developed for controlling cardiac symptoms but were coincidentally found to have an effect on migraine prevention. They have been used as migraine treatment since the 1970s. Their mechanism of action for preventing migraine is not clear, but beta receptors have been shown to be present in the pial vessel of the brain. The possible mechanisms of action of beta blockers include reducing the neuronal firing rate of noradrenergic neurons in the locus coeruleus, regulation of PAG neurons firing rate and possible inhibition of 5-HT2C and 5-HT2B receptor subtypes.
– Overview of Migraine, including epidemiology, etiology, symptoms, diagnosis, pathology and treatment guidelines as well as an overview on the competitive landscape.
– Detailed information on Beta blockers including product description, safety and efficacy profiles as well as a SWOT analysis.
– Sales forecast for Beta blockers for the top seven countries from 2012 to 2023.
– Sales information covered for the US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, the UK and Japan.
Key Topics Covered:
1 Tables & Figures
3 Disease Overview
4 Disease Management
5 Competitive Assessment
6 Beta Blockers
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/8f3cmx/beta_blockers
- Personal Investing Ideas & Strategies
- beta blockers
- migraine treatment
Did you find this useful? More Info: JustNoHeadache.com