Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/hmc8cl/botox_migraine) has announced the addition of the “Botox (Migraine) – Forecast and Market Analysis to 2023″ report to their offering.
The migraine market is saturated with generic drugs, and the remaining branded products already on the market are expected to lose exclusivity during the next few years, with the exception of Botox for chronic migraine, which is expected to maintain its leading position in terms of sales. However, reformulations of mature products as well as new classes of therapies are anticipated to launch during the forecast period and these will contribute to the market growth.
By 2023, the migraine market will grow to $3.7 billion at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 3.6%, with the US continuing to dominate the market as a result of higher drug prices and a large migraine population. Some of the new treatments are expected to target the key unmet needs but opportunities will remain for further treatment choices especially drugs that will offer an improved safety and side-effects profile.
Onabotulinum toxins are produced by the bacterium Clostridium botulinum, which was first isolated in 1895. They are potent inhibitors of neurotransmission between neurons themselves and also to muscle. Out of the seven subtypes of onabotulinum toxin (A-G), onabotulinum neurotoxin type A is the most commonly used and thoroughly investigated subtype. Onabotulinum toxin type A is currently marketed as Botox by Allergan. In recent years, Botox has gained a great deal of attention and has gained FDA (2010) as well as MHRA (2013) approval as treatment for chronic migraine.
- Overview of Migraine, including epidemiology, etiology, symptoms, diagnosis, pathology and treatment guidelines as well as an overview on the competitive landscape.
- Detailed information on Botox including product description, safety and efficacy profiles as well as a SWOT analysis.
- Sales forecast for Botox for the top five countries from 2012 to 2023.
- Sales information covered for the US, Germany, Italy, Spain and the UK.
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/hmc8cl/botox_migraine
- Personal Investing Ideas & Strategies
- Health Care Industry
Did you find this useful? More Info: JustNoHeadache.com